Saturday, May 01, 2010

Tomato and Capsicum Soup

Winter is drawing nearer, and with this I begin my weekend soup cook ups. A quick and easy meal for us is tomato soup (from a tin) and toast, so when I came across this simple recipe for tomato and capsicum soup I just had to try it. We served it with Tortilla Pizzas, and it went down a treat - Glenn even told me it's better than the tinned soup!!! The heat of the soup can be altered by how much chilli you put in, and if you don't want any heat at all then leave it out.

Tomato and Capsicum Soup
Adapted from Weight Watchers Forum

Serves 4

1 brown onion
1 red capsicum
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cups vegetable stock
pinch of chilli (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Dice the onion and capsicum and saute in a large pot with a dash of oil. Add garlic, tomatoes, stock and chilli and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Season to taste and blend.

Freezes well.


No comments:

Post a Comment